Gavin/Solmonese provides corporations and law firms with a wide range of expert witness, forensic, and litigation consulting services. The range of experience and our participation in many high-profile cases makes Gavin/Solmonese an obvious choice.
The Gavin/Solmonese Valuation & Litigation Consulting practice area is comprised of Certified Public Accountants, Certified Turnaround Professionals, Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, Certified Distressed Business Valuation Analysts, Certified Fraud Examiners, American Society of Appraisers Accredited Members, and Accredited Senior Appraiser, holders of Certification in Financial Forensics, and Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- NAMCO: Gavin/Solmonese was expert witness to four defendants in fraudulent conveyance litigation connected to a large Ponzi-scheme bankruptcy. We provided valuation that allowed for settlements favorable to lenders.
- XYAN – Gavin/Solmonese was expert Witness to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors. Performed due diligence and provided expert testimony against former investors/board members/business partners in a fraudulent conveyance claim that involved sale of subsidiaries and brand assets under pressure allegedly exerted by board members of debtor who were also management of purchaser of the subsidiary.
- Jevic Holdings: We provided expert valuation report and opinion in support of litigation brought by the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors to subordinate liens of secured lenders and equity holders in connection to a failed leveraged buy-out, resulting in settlement for unsecured creditors that were otherwise "out of the money".
- Ambac Financial Group – Gavin/Solmonese provided expert valuation report for ad hoc committee of equity security holders in support of their objection to Confirmation of a Chapter 11 Plan that did not provide value to equity holders.
- AbitibiBowater – We delivered expert valuation report for ad hoc committee of equity security holders in support of their objection to Confirmation of a Chapter 11 Plan that did not provide value to stockholders.
- Merry-Go-Round – Expert witness for the Chapter 7 Trustee in conjunction with litigation against one of the nation's largest financial advisory firms for malpractice related to the failure of the large retail debtor. Our expert witness testimony led to a landmark settlement in favor of the Chapter 7 estate.
- Undisclosed Firm – We were retained as expert witness in defense of one of the nation's largest turnaround and financial advisory firms in conjunction with litigation related to their duties and performance as Chief Restructuring Officer.