Gavin/Solmonese provides corporations and law firms with a wide range of expert witness, forensic, and litigation consulting services. The range of experience and our participation in many high-profile cases makes Gavin/Solmonese an obvious choice.
The Gavin/Solmonese Litigation, Forensics and Valuation Services practice is composed of certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, certified turnaround professionals, certified insolvency and restructuring advisors, attorneys and holders of the certification in distressed business valuation and certified in financial forensics designations.
Recent engagements include:
- NAMCO: Gavin/Solmonese was expert witness to four defendants in fraudulent conveyance litigation connected to a large Ponzi-scheme bankruptcy. We provided valuation that allowed for settlements favorable to lenders.
- XYAN – Gavin/Solmonese was expert Witness to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors. Performed due diligence and provided expert testimony against former investors/board members/business partners in a fraudulent conveyance claim that involved sale of subsidiaries and brand assets under pressure allegedly exerted by board members of debtor who were also management of purchaser of the subsidiary.
- Jevic Holdings: We provided expert valuation report and opinion in support of litigation brought by the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors to subordinate liens of secured lenders and equity holders in connection to a failed leveraged buy-out, resulting in settlement for unsecured creditors that were otherwise "out of the money".
- Ambac Financial Group – Gavin/Solmonese provided expert valuation report for ad hoc committee of equity security holders in support of their objection to Confirmation of a Chapter 11 Plan that did not provide value to equity holders.
- AbitibiBowater – We delivered expert valuation report for ad hoc committee of equity security holders in support of their objection to Confirmation of a Chapter 11 Plan that did not provide value to stockholders.
- Merry-Go-Round – Tom Hays was expert witness for the Chapter 7 Trustee in conjunction with her litigation against one of the nation's largest financial advisory firms for malpractice related to the failure of the large retail debtor. Tom’s testimony led to a landmark settlement in favor of the Chapter 7 estate.
- Undisclosed Firm – We were retained as expert witness in defense of one of the nation's largest turnaround and financial advisory firms in conjunction with litigation related to their duties and performance as Chief Restructuring Officer.