Your privacy on the Gavin/Solmonese site
Information We Gather
Gavin/Solmonese collects information at its sites in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter or register to comment on a forum site); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our site's technology).
We may collect and process the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes registering to use the site, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference, or requesting a white paper or further information. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Any postings, comments, or other content that you upload or post to an Gavin/Solmonese site.
- Our site collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as personal data.
How Collected Information Is Used
We use personal data to provide you with information you request, process online job applications, and for other purposes which we would describe to you at the point where it is collected or which will be obvious to you. For example:
- To fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters, or other content
- For surveys or research questionnaires
- To personalize your site experience
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this
We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our site to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailor our site to make it more effective. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
What Data Is Shared
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
- In the case of an event where we need to provide our caterer with meal preference information or we are running a joint event and have informed you that the data will be shared with our partners. But again, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific information and it is completely up to you whether you want to provide it;
- We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets;
Sensitive Personal Data
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Gavin/Solmonese’s site. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Personal Data Processing
As a global organization, personal data we collect may be transferred internationally throughout Gavin/Solmonese's worldwide organization. We have internal policies in place to ensure an equivalent level of protection is in place across our organization.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.
You can exercise your right to prohibit receipt of marketing communications by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you at any time by using our Contact Us form.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating site on each subsequent visit, or to another site that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a site to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Cookies do a lots of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on this site have been categorized on the basis of the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide issued in April 2012. For some of our cookies we use Omniture (part of Adobe) as a third party to host optimization products and services for us to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our site. For further information on how Omniture collects and uses information on our behalf, please refer to the Omniture Products and Services Privacy Statement at www.omniture.com/privacy/product. We may also use web beacons or other technologies for similar purposes and we may include these in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor site activity.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. When you review your browser settings or options, you can identify the Gavin/Solmonese cookies by the fact they include “.Gavin/Solmonese” in the name. Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon you visit our site, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
Turning off cookies will also prevent any web beacons from tracking your user activity on our site. The web beacon will still account for an anonymous visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.